I thought I’d try to brighten up the day here in dull, flat Peaklessburg with a little alpine trivia quiz as we start heading into the weekend:
1. What was the name of the route behind Helmcken Falls in British Colombia climbed by Tim Emmett and Will Gadd?
A. Psychic Envy
B. Spray On
C. Soaked Through
2. Who are the first alpinists to top out on Denali in the month of January?
A. Artur Testov and Vladimir Ananich
B. Barry Blanchard and Steve House
C. Peter Croft and Matt Ciancio
3. Who was the first alpinist to use glacier landings in Alaska?
A. Allen Carpe
B. Bradford Washburn
C. Charles Houston
4. Oh Eun-Sun would be the first Korean woman to climb all 14 8,000ers if she climbed this peak without dispute:
B. Nanga Parbat
5. What year did Lionel Terry make the first ascent of Fitz Roy in Patagonia?
Answers in reverse order: B, C, A, A, B. How did you do?
Thanks for dropping in. Remember, you can also following the Suburban Mountaineer on Facebook and Twitter (@SuburbanMtnr) where I also share some other interesting news and information about hiking and general mountaineering as quickly as I can share it.